More info coming soon…
GIMX is a free software that allows to use a computer as a hub for your gaming devices. It works on Windows® and GNU/Linux platforms. It is compatible with Playstation® and Xbox® gaming consoles. The connection between the computer and the gaming console is performed using a USB adapter – get one on the GIMX shop! – or a Bluetooth® dongle (PS3/PS4 only). The capabilities depend on the platform, the connection method, and the gaming platform.
I decided to move the blog from Blogger to a self-hosted WordPress.
There are several reasons for that:
– I’m now paying for a web hosting service for the gimx forum
– Blogger is not as customizable as a self-hosted WordPress
– freedom 🙂
I got some issues to solve to make the existing urls redirect to the new blog. Some of these are:
– not possible to have a clean 301 redirect from Blogger
– not possible to redirect static pages with the ‘Blogger to WordPress Redirection’ plugin
And my custom redirect page content:
<div id='outer-wrapper'></div> <div> <p><strong>This content has moved!</strong></p> <p>You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit<br/> <a href='https://blog.gimx.fr'> <strong>https://blog.gimx.fr</strong></a> <br/> and update your bookmarks.</p> </div> <!-- end outer-wrapper -->
I know the old “label links” don’t work, I will try to fix that latter. If you see anything else broken, just leave a comment!
A user nicknamed “DjDean” proposed me to launch a forum that will help to organize the information about the sixaxis emulator, and I thought it was time to do that.
Hopefully this will make the support easier than with a blog, and this will help to start a community around the sixaxis emulator.
I chose the domain name “gimx.fr”. GIMX stands for “Game Input MultipleXer”. I’m intentionally not mentioning the ps3 as I also may target the XBox360 some day…
Most of the information is already moved to this new forum. The layout/design is not definitive.
Forum link: http://gimx.fr/forum/
I started blogging about this project in February 2010. Following chart from google analytics shows the fluctuation of visitors.
- 2 news on hackaday in April/May 2010
- in September 2010, due to the psgroove, many people looking for avr usb dev boards
- in December 2010, a thread started on gtrp.de about using macros for GT5/B-spec
- in Mars 2011, the Kinect-PS3 was released
- in May 2011, news on many websites (hackaday, korben, dashhacks, ps3hax, logic-sunrise, psx-scene, psgroove…)